Vice President Feature Film & TV DACH
Applications and process
Chimney is a global, full-service content partner for film, television, commercials, and digital media. With offices in 14 cities worldwide, our 400+ artists bring diverse insight and craftsmanship to any given project. For over 20 years we have crafted award-winning stories (Oscar, BAFTA, Cannes Lion, Palme d'Or, Sundance, Berlinale, PromaxBDA) and delivered marketing and communication solutions for the world?s most recognized brands. In DACH we have four offices: Berlin, Frankfurt, Mannheim and Basel.
Arts and Entertainment in Chimney is a Business Unit (department) responsible for all Chimney work with feature films and TV drama/series. In DACH current focus of services is Animation, VFX & Design although we are expanding into broader production services. Recent works include: the Pettson and Findus Trilogy, Jim Button, Deutschland ?83 & Atomic Blonde.
We are currently looking for a Vice President for our Arts & Entertainment department in the DACH region. As a Vice President you are responsible for all the internal operations of the department such as
- Production Controlling & Management
- Financial Reporting & Project Budgeting
- Dealing with film fund applications
- Resource planning with Project Managers
- Investments and services line development
- Process optimization on the overall performance of the business area
- Working in one of the most innovative and exciting creative companies in the world with an unmatched mix of skills together with a culture of always challenging status quo
- Working in an international organisation with colleagues from around the world
- Working in an entrepreneurial culture with great possibilities to take initiatives, suggest and implement changes
- Working within an organization aiming to become the best in the world in our field
- Extensive regional and international career development opportunities
- Working with amazing creative artists to offer new visual experiences on our different markets
- To plan and schedule your own and the work of your department including resource planning for upcoming projects
- To run production meetings and ensure the efficient delivery of projects in time, quality and budget
- Project budgeting, budget analysis and forecasting of the business area?s operations
- To participate in the management group for DACH
- To have continuous and regular planning with the Senior Executive Producer, and creative team leaders
Authority and Organisation
- You will be working on daily basis with our Executive Producer AE who is responsible for the external relations of the department with the clients
- You will be part of the management team for the DACH region participating in decision making on the overall development of Chimney in DACH within the strategy set by the global group. This means that you are responsible for the implementation of operational decisions and to secure a smooth workflow between the creative teams and producers
- You are also responsible for strategic issues concerning the business area in close collaboration with the company CEO and management group
- You have extensive production or post-production experience from feature films or TV series, ideally in DACH
- You have led teams that are located in different places and enjoy running several things at the same time
- You have a strong managerial and project track record and the necessary experience to manage the finances and operations
- Ideally, you have worked in both the German and international film industry with a strong background in post-production
- We expect that you have at least 10 years professional experience
- You speak German on a native level and are fluent in English - any additional languages are meriting
You have absolute zero prestige like all of us at Chimney. You are a social superstar that people love being around and you get respect from colleagues, because you are knowledgeable and have authority. You will not be an expert in all our service areas but eager to learn from your colleagues so you can work over all areas from post production, strategy, media and distribution, feature film etc.
Did we say hard working as well?
Please apply 09.02.2018 at the latest!
We look for the candidate to start as soon as possible.
State "VP of Arts and Entertainment DACH" and apply to
Große Hamburger Str. 17