Head of Production Management Commercial DACH
Applications and process
Chimney is a global, full-service content partner for film, television, commercials, and digital media. With offices in 14 cities worldwide, our 400+ artists bring diverse insight and craftsmanship to any given project. For over 20 years we have crafted award-winning stories (Oscar, BAFTA, Cannes Lion, Palme d'Or, Sundance, Berlinale, PromaxBDA) and delivered marketing and communication solutions for the world's most recognized brands.
We pride ourselves on creativity and innovation across our vertically integrated services, which include post production, editorial, production, sound design, live events, content distribution, performance analytics and content strategy.
At Chimney, we believe in constantly challenging ourselves and our clients to engage the audience through innovation and creation.
Berlin is the Regional HQ for our DACH region and growing rapidly. From this location we deliver services across the region - formats are commercial and content marketing. We work with:
- TV Commercials
- Event films
- Digital communications
- Internal Communications
- Corporate- and Employer Branding movies
We are now looking for a Head of Production Management for the Commercial Production organisation based in Berlin. Commercial Production unit offers a wide range of services within the field of commercial communications and advertising - such as digital and live shot productions, post-production and VFX, Editing, Communication Campaigns and event content production.
Production Management unit in Chimney comprises all Producers, Project Managers, Production Managers and Coordinators managing delivery, planning, budgeting and execution of all Chimney commercial projects.
- Working in one of the most innovative and exciting creative companies in the world with an unmatched mix of skills together with a culture of always challenging status quo
- Working in an international organisation with colleagues from around the world
- Working in an entrepreneurial culture with great possibilities to take initiatives, suggest and implement changes
- Working within an organisation aiming to become the best in the world in our field.
Extensive regional and international career development opportunities
Role and Responsibilities
- To be part of the Chimney Commercial Production unit management team representing the Production Management function
- To lead, supervise, support and develop the Production Management team delivering all formats of moving images and all service lines delivered by Chimney to the clients: digital and live shot productions, post-production and VFX, Editing, Communication Campaigns and event content production
- Generate revenues from a number of clients - responsibility of parts of the revenue budget for the PM team
- To lead some of the most complex and large projects for clients directly
- To ensure that the PM team is delivering on the agreed and requested levels of client interaction and generates the expected profitability
- To ensure that the team provides accurate quotes and innovative solutions for clients? requests as presented by Account Directors
- To ensure that adequate and appropriate resources, including Conceptual and Artistic talent, are booked and engaged in delivering the client projects using Chimney's internal resources from all offices as well as external resources
- To be a guardian of quality of delivery as well responsibility to deliver the expected margin on the projects
- To run client interaction during productions and guide the team on how to do this
- To ensure that the Account Directors are kept continuously up-to date on progress of their projects
- To ensure that the team follows the "street smart productions" as defined by Chimney - meaning effective and efficient use of artistic and conceptual resources
- Pro-actively support the Account Directors in securing new projects and clients - including participation in client meetings and pitch processes
- Take the lead in making sure that all projects are managed according to the Chimney way
- Achieving the profitability targets as per budget for Chimney DACH
- Help Chimney DACH grow and take charge of finding and recruiting the talent we need
- You have extensive experience of running full or parts of Communication Campaigns and/or Moving Images productions - from participating in planning, budgeting and pitching, through ensuring delivery and handling client interaction
- You have experienced of leading teams and management - either on project basis or as part of ongoing operations
- Ideally you have been involved in making productions for multiple channels; especially experience from web and mobile productions is beneficial
- You have worked in a high-paced commercial environment and you have had responsibility for budgets and profitability - as well as deadlines and quality
- You have led teams either permanently or at project basis and enjoy running several things at the same time. You enjoy supporting your colleagues and are good at motivating and developing them
- Understanding and experience from communication planning and marketing strategies is a valuable bonus
- We expect that you have at least 5 years professional experience. You are fluent in German and English - any additional languages are meriting
You have absolute zero prestige like all of us at Chimney. You also want to be the best in the world us we do. You are a social superstar that people love being around and you get respect from colleagues because you are knowledgeable and have authority. You will not be an expert in all our service areas but eager to learn from your colleagues so you can work over all areas from post production, strategy, media and distribution, feature film etc.
Did we say hard working as well?
Please apply 09.02.2018 at the latest!
We look for the candidate to start as soon as possible.
State "Head of Production Manager Commercial DACH" and apply to
Große Hamburger Str. 17